Whale shark snorkeling & glamping (1 night 2 days)
Swim, eat, and live! Let's taste another world. Due to the westerlies blowing on Sumilon Island, the event will be canceled from October to February. * The event will also be canceled from April 18th to April 21st (2019). Glamping is in fashion now. This is a coined word that combines "glamorous" and "camping", and is an ultra-luxury camp where you can enjoy nature gracefully. About 3.5 hours drive south of Cebu, the beautiful 24 hectare nature resort "Smilon Island Resort" will be the stage for glamping. The first day starts with a snorkeling tour with a large wild whale shark. This is a must-see tour that you definitely want to experience when you go to Cebu Island. Then move to "Sumilon Island Resort" on Sumilon Island. In addition to three meals during your stay, "Smilon Island Resort" offers a full range of hospitality services, so you can experience various activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, and mountain biking. Why don't you spend a moment to experience nature in a luxurious outdoor life while enjoying nature to the fullest? [Facilities / activities that can be used free of charge by glamping] Snorkeling, rental towels, pool, shower room, beach cottage, trekking, fishing, fish feeding, kayaking, paddle boat, rental bicycle * Activities can be applied at the reception.
Days of Week
Adult (ages 12+)
Application by 1 person (ages 12+)
Child (ages 5-11)
Infant (ages 4 & under)
Hotel Pick Up
Arrival in Oslob
End of snorkeling
Departure to Sumilon Island
Upon arrival at Sumilon Island, please make your own way to the reception desk.
After lunch, guests may use the resort's facilities until check-in.
Check-in *If rooms are available, you may check-in early.
You will be asked to decide on the dinner menu upon check-in. Please also confirm any other questions you may have at that time.
Dinner (BBQ) Staff will cook the dinner.
BBQ may not be available due to weather conditions. In such cases, the restaurant will be used.
Enjoy a campfire under the stars!
6:00 - 9:00
Breakfast (set menu)
After checking out, please take your own luggage to go to the port in Sumilon Island.
Departure from Sumilon Island
Arrival at Cebu Island
Lunch (Italian restaurant)
Arrival at hotel (approximate)
Add-ons / Transportation
Cordova area, Mactan[Price]Free
Cebu City Hotel[Price]Free
Around Pulchra Resort[Price]Free
- Guide fee
- Activity participation fee (whale shark snorkeling)
- Glamping accommodation fee
- Round-trip boat transfer fee to/from Sumilon Island
- 4 meals (Day 1: lunch, dinner Day 2: breakfast, lunch)
What's Not Included
- Breakfast (first day)
- Minimum 2 people
- Persons who fall under any of the following categories are not allowed to participate. Those with diseases of the ear, nose and throat, respiratory or circulatory systems. Those who are pregnant. In addition, those who fall under the following categories are not allowed to participate without consulting with and receiving permission from a medical specialist. Those who have high blood pressure, low blood pressure, consciousness disorder, Meniere's disease, depression, mania, convulsive seizure, hernia, cerebrospinal disease, cardiocirculatory disease, habitual seizure, pneumothorax, alcohol or drug dependence, lung disease, previous surgery, intestinal obstruction, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, etc., or have a medical history. Persons with a history of medical conditions
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages beforehand
What to Bring
- Small amount of cash
- Marine shoes (Well-draining, non-removable shoes)
- We recommend wearing a rash guard with sleeves and long hemmed pants.
- Change of clothes
- Copy of passport (page with photo of face)
- Breakfast fee
- Tour schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Cuisine is subject to change without notice
- Breakfast is not included; please bring your own. If it is difficult to prepare, you may stop at fast food restaurants along the way if they are open (drive-through). Please let the guide know on the day of the tour.
- A gratuity will be charged to the local guide. The standard tip is 100 pesos per guide. Please pay the tip directly to the guide on the day of the tour.
- We recommend wearing a rash guard with sleeves and long hemmed pants to prevent scratches.
- Fins for whale shark snorkeling can be rented for 100 pesos per set.
- Please stay with your pre-determined buddy (pair).
- Be sure to look up at the surface of the water about once every 10 seconds to keep an eye on the boat you were on, the boats around you, etc.
- If you have any physical problems or are tired of swimming, please contact the staff nearby.
- Do not turn on camera or video flashes or lights.
- Contact with whale sharks is very dangerous. Do not block the direction of travel and do not approach within 5 meters.
- It is possible to meet whale sharks with a high probability, but you may not be able to meet whale sharks due to the weather and waves on the day.
- If you use a snorkel rental, an additional 100 pesos is required for a mouthpiece to protect against infection. *Charges are subject to change.
- Krill is used to feed the whale sharks. Although there have been no reports of accidents, those with strong allergies to crustaceans are advised to take precautionary measures such as taking medication beforehand.
1 day before to 12:00
1 day before to 16:00
After 16:00, 1 day before