Jeepney Factory & Air Force Museum Tour
Visit the Jeepney Manufacturing Site & Large Airplane Museum Popular with Boys PTN Travel has prepared two spots for families to visit in Manila, especially if you are traveling with boys, on an original tour. This is a casual tour that even families stationed for work can participate in their spare time. The Jeepney Factory Tour & Manila Air Force Museum Tour, as the name implies, gives you a closer look at jeepneys and planes. The "jeepney," which is widely used as a local foot throughout the Philippines, is a 20-person model of a jeepney sold by the U.S. military in the Philippines in the past, modified by Filipinos to lengthen the body. Now many people can get on at once. The tour will take you to the venerable factory "SARAO Motors", which is said to have manufactured jeepneys for the first time in the Philippines. The jeepney started with the remodeling of the jeep, but now the know-how that can be manufactured by Filipinos from scratch has been established. Many car bodies cost more than 1 million yen per car, and many jeepneys are in production in the factory, so you can observe the process and situation. Many planes are on display at the Manila Air Force Museum on the grounds of the Manila Air Force Base. Not only the aircraft used during World War II, but also helicopters, jet planes, and the American manned spacecraft "Apollo" that completed the landing on the moon are well preserved, and not only children but also adults are enough. You can enjoy it. The museum is divided into two areas, indoors and outdoors, where the interior of the airplane, the engine and the cockpit are mainly exhibited. Large aircraft can be seen outdoors, and it is possible to go under the aircraft and observe the whole area. Since the aircraft is on the lawn, it is a very pleasant and recommended spot on sunny days. After guiding you to a lunch that you can enjoy, we will guide you to the hotel or condominium by shuttle car. Please join us for a tour packed with spots you want to visit once in Manila.
Days of Week
[Combine / plan with lunch]: Adult [PTN20249-000] (ages 6+)
[Combine / plan with lunch]: Child [PTN20249-000] (ages 4-6)
[Combine / plan with lunch]: Infant [PTN20249-000] (ages 3 & under)
[Combine / No lunch]: Common for adults and children [PTN20217-000] (ages 6+)
[Combine / No lunch]: Infant [PTN20217-000] (ages 5 & under)
Let's take a deep breath in the summer resort called Karuizawa in the Philippines
8:30 - 9:00
Pick up guests at the hotel
Time may vary depending on the hotel where you stay.
Arrive at Jeepney Factory "SARAO Motors"
If you visit on a trip, you will be overwhelmed by the horsepower, and if you are a local resident, you will find a jeepney on the main street every day. But in fact, there aren't many opportunities to see how jeepneys are made. The "SARAO Motors" that we will guide you on the tour is a valuable place where you can learn how to make iron plates into jeepneys and how the motors and moving parts are functioning. This factory is said to have manufactured the first jeepney in Japan and is also a venerable place.
Philippine Air Force and Aviation Museum
At the Air Force Museum, you can see the actual airplanes. Starting with the actual small aircraft that can be found right from the entrance, the engine of the jet plane, the radar of the Philippine Air Force, and the history of aircraft evolution are exhibited in detail. In addition, large airplanes and helicopters are also on display outdoors. Enjoy the power of the aircraft while feeling the sound of airplanes departing and arriving at the nearby Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
We will take you to a Filipino buffet restaurant.
14:00 - 14:30
Arrival at the hotel
Time may vary depending on the hotel where you stay.
Add-ons / Transportation
Pick the guest up at the airport, or send the guest to the airport[Description]* When picking up or sending to the airport, our staffing fee with an ID issued by the airport authority is required.[Price]
8 or less participants Airport pick-up per flight [APT PU / PTN20249-500] ()USD 20.00
8 people or less per flight sent to the airport [APT DP / PTN20249-501] ()USD 20.00
9 or more participants Airport pick-up per flight [APT PU GRP / PTN20249-510] ()USD 40.00
9 or more participants per flight sent to the airport [APT DP GRP / PTN20249-511] ()USD 40.00
- Entrance fee
- Japanese guide
What to Bring
- To enter the museum, men should wear chinos and a polo shirt with a collar, and women should wear a shirt with sleeves and, a skirt that hides the knees. Please refrain from wearing sandals, short pants, jeans, T-shirts, sleeveless clothing, training wear, etc. that are not suitable for the place. You may be refused admission.
- In the Philippines, it is forbidden to go to public places with sleeveless or sandals.
- Tour times, order, etc. may vary depending on conditions on the day of the tour.
- Rates are per person.
- Up to 1 infant (0-3 years old) per adult.
- Infants (0-3 years old) will not have a seat. If you would like a seat for infants, please apply at the child rate (4-6 years old). We are sorry but we do not have child seats available.
- If we are over capacity on the day of the tour, or if the luggage cannot be accommodated, we may arrange an additional vehicle (for a fee) separately. If you have large loads such as large cardboard boxes, golf bags, baby strollers, wheelchairs, diving equipment, etc., please let us know in advance at the time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are limited to Bay Area, Makati and BGC areas. Additional charges may apply for pick-up and drop-off in other areas. Please contact us if you would like to be picked up in a different area.
- A separate staffing fee will be charged for pick-up and drop-off at the airport ($ 20 per flight for 8 people or less, $ 40 per flight for 9 people or more)
- It is possible to leave the group in the middle of the tour (no refunds, etc.).
4 days before to 16:00
After 16:00, 4 days before