Local Manila Half-Day City Tour
Experience local Manila such as Smoky Mountain and Divisoria Market, the largest market in the Philippines Local on this tour means "community". This tour consists of various religions, churches and everyday life about Filipinos and you can feel how Filipinos live and work. It is a tour where you can experience how people are having fun and laughing in the Philippines, where there is still a difference between rich and poor, and feel something that Japanese people have forgotten. If you feel be interested in the locals in Manila, but You're a little worried about going by yourself. We will guide you to Manila's local area with a Japanese-speaking guide & vehicle.
Days of Week
[Mixed car / No lunch]: Adult [PTN20210-000] (ages 13+)
[Mixed car / No lunch]: Children [PTN20210-000] (ages 7-12)
[Mixed vehicle / no lunch]: Toddler [PTN20210-000] (ages 6 & under)
Explore Manila's life and history at once, including Smoky Mountain and Divisoria Market! !!
8:30 - 9:00
Pick up guests at the hotel
Time may vary depending on the hotel where you stay.
Smoky Mountain (Just see from inside the car)
Smoky Mountain is Manila's first dumping ground. The garbage dump has been in operation for 40 years since 1955, after which it was closed by the government and now a new garbage dump is in operation in Payatas, Quezon City.
Happy Land (Just see from inside the car)
Happyland is a small community located near Smoky Mountain, half of which is full of garbage. Also, half of the people living in Happyland are scavengers who collect recyclable trash from Smoky Mountain. And now, Happy Land is almost in the same condition as Smoky Mountain because of the pile of garbage.
Walk around Divisoria Market
The Divisoria Market is the most famous and cheapest product in Metro Manila. You can also negotiate the prices of the items sold here. The 24-hour market also has a night market.
Binondo Church (Cathedral of San Lorenzo Luis)
The church is located at the entrance to Chinatown and was built by Filipinos and Catholic Chinese. St. Lorenzo Luis was executed by the Tokugawa Shogunate in Japan in the 17th century.
This Chinese town was designated as a Chinese Catholic settlement in 1592 during the Spanish colonial period, and is the oldest Chinatown in the world. The city is also a central market for Chinese and Filipinos.
Quiapo Church (Minor Basilica of the Black Nazareen)
Built in 1582, this church is one of the oldest churches in the Philippines. The main reason for this is that Blacknazarene is believed to have caused countless miracles, such as healing injuries and illnesses with the touch. Every January 9th, the Feast of Black Nazarene is celebrated, with millions of people attending the festival to get in touch with the statue of Black Nazarene. Therefore, it is one of the biggest festivals in the Philippines where injuries are constant every year.
It is called the Golden Mosque because of its bright golden exterior. The mosque was built on August 4, 1976 for a visit to Libya's Supreme Leader Mu'ammar al-Kazzafi, but unfortunately his visit was canceled and is now the center of the Islamic community in Manila. It has become.
Malakanian Palace (Facade only)
Originally built in 1750 by Don Luis Rocha as a separate home to live only during the summer season. It was then purchased by the state in 1825 as a separate home for the Governor's summer season. This palace is now the residence and workplace of the President of the Philippines. Occupied by the Governor-General of Spain in 1825, and by the Governor-General of the United States after the Spanish-American War. It has been the official residence of the President of the Philippines since the inauguration of the Commonwealth of the Philippines Government in 1935.
Arrival at Hotel
Time may vary depending on the hotel where you stay.
Add-ons / Transportation
Application by 1 person[Description]Since the minimum number of participants is 2 adults, if you register as a single person, you will only need to pay the fee for 2 people to participate in the tour. In the event that the tour is mixed with other passengers on the day of the tour, the fee for one person will be refunded.[Price]
Pick up at your hotel (Parañaque, Pasay, Manila, Makati, BGC area)[Description]Additional fees may apply for pickups and drop-offs in other areas. Please inquire if you would like to be picked up in a different area.[Price]Free
Airport pickup [less than 8 participants, per flight][Description]* For airport pickups, a placement fee for staff holding an ID issued by the airport authority is required.[Price]
Airport pickup [minimum 9 passengers per flight][Description]* For airport pickups, a placement fee for staff holding an ID issued by the airport authority is required.[Price]
- Admission fee
- Japanese/English speaking guide
What to Bring
- When entering the church, men should wear chinos and polo shirts with collars, and women should wear sleeved shirts and skirts that cover the knees. Please refrain from wearing sandals, shorts, jeans, T-shirts, sweat clothes, etc., which are not appropriate for holy places. Entry may not be permitted.
- In the Philippines, it is forbidden to go to public places with sleeveless or sandals.
- Tour times, order, etc. may vary depending on conditions on the day of the tour.
- Rates are per person.
- Up to 1 infant (0-6 years old) per adult.
- Infants (0-6 years old) will not have a seat. If you would like a seat for infants, please apply at the child rate (7-12 years old). We are sorry but we do not have child seats available.
- If we are over capacity on the day of the tour, or if the luggage cannot be accommodated, we may arrange an additional vehicle (for a fee) separately. If you have large loads such as large cardboard boxes, golf bags, baby strollers, wheelchairs, diving equipment, etc., please let us know in advance at the time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are limited to Bay Area, Makati and BGC areas. Additional charges may apply for pick-up and drop-off in other areas. Please contact us if you would like to be picked up in a different area.
- A separate staffing fee will be charged for pick-up and drop-off at the airport ($ 20 per flight for 8 people or less, $ 40 per flight for 9 people or more)
- It is possible to leave the group in the middle of the tour (no refunds, etc.).
- The purpose of this tour is a realistic local Manila experience. When you participate in this tour, we strongly request that you feel it with your five senses and use it to help you form positive thoughts in the future, asking "what you can do".
- At Smoky Mountain, Happy Land, etc., please refrain from acts related to personal privacy such as taking pictures based on interest or annoying acts.
4 days before to 16:00
After 16:00, 4 days before